On July 13, 1917 Rockford's Public Library formally opened. It was located in the front portion of the township hall and contained 400 books. In 1923 the library moved into the larger room in the rear of that building. In the late fall of 1967 contruction on the present-day library commenced and in March,1968, it opened for the public.This present building is located at 202 W. Main Avenue, Rockford, Iowa.