Use a Computer
- Please come to the Circulation Desk to request use of a computer.
- There is a 60 minute time limit for computer use if other people are waiting for a computer.
- Anyone with overdue materials or unpaid fines may not use a computer until their account is cleared.
- Only one person may be at a computer at a time, except in the case of a parent monitoring their child's internet use, or other special circumstances approved by the librarian.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a parent with them to monitor their internet use or must have their parents sign an Internet Permission Waiver. (The Rockford Public Library doesn't filter incoming internet content.)
- Only one computer session per people per day.
Each computers has the following programs available for use: Internet Explorer 10, Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft Powerpoint 2010, and Microsoft Publisher 2010, and others.
Printing cost $0.20 per page for Black and White and $0.40 per page for Color.
Here is a link to the Official Internet Policy of the Rockford Public Library.