The Basement Meeting Room is available for use during library hours. 4 tables and about 30 chairs are available. The following policy sets the guidelines for meeting room use.
MEETING ROOM POLICY
1. Educational, civic, cultural, public information events or library-sponsored programs may be held. According to state statutes, all meetings are open to the public. The maximum number at a meeting shall not exceed 50 people.
2. Programs inconsistent with the library’s objectives, such as bingo games or money-raising functions are not allowed. This includes functions such as Tupperware and Home Interior parties.
3. In accordance with state statutes, no alcoholic beverages may be served or consumed in the library, as it is a city building. Light refreshments may be served.
4. Arrangements for reserving the room must be made with the Librarian AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR to the meeting time. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. Due to space limitations, there will be no storage of equipment or records belonging to groups using the room.
6. The Library is a smoke-free facility.
7. The group or individual using the room will be responsible for leaving it clean and in the same order as they found it. The Library reserves the right to assess a $25.00 cleaning charge if necessary.
8. The meeting room will be available during normal library operating hours.
9. First-time users of the meeting room will be given a copy of the policies.
10. Children’s groups must be supervised by an adult sponsor.
11. The Rockford Public Library Board of Trustees and the City of Rockford are not responsible for accidents, injury, or loss of individual property while using the meeting room.
12. Exceptions are at the discretion of the Library staff.
Please come to the Library to speak with the Librarian about using the Meeting Room and to fill out a Meeting Room Use Application.